Our aim at Altoona Smiles is to provide exceptional dental care for our patient family in Altoona, IA. Our available services cover all age groups and dental health concerns. They’re provided in a friendly atmosphere that welcomes all types of families. Our aim is to deliver effective dental treatments that protect your smile for a lifetime.
Services You Can Receive From Altoona Smiles
A growing family requires a complete range of oral health treatments to prepare them for a lifetime of good oral health. We deliver a range of general dental services to achieve this goal. The types of services we provide include:
- Preventive Services – There’s no better way to address dental concerns than ensuring they never arise, to begin with.
- Restorative Services – Even with the best of efforts, there are ways that teeth can become damaged and in need of restoration. We can repair damaged teeth, eliminate existing tooth decay, and restore our patient’s smiles. We also offer emergency dental services to cover teeth that are knocked out or broken. Implants, dentures, fillings, and crowns are all types of dental restorations.
- Overall Health Concerns – There’s more to our oral health than what’s happening in our mouths. Oral health concerns can both cause, and be caused by, health conditions throughout the body. Cardiovascular disease, pregnancy, and diabetes are all medical concerns that can impact oral health. We identify the oral health elements of these medical issues and how to address them.
- Whitening – Dental whitening is a cosmetic treatment that is non-invasive and generally safe for your teeth. Our team provides this service to our patients to ensure they have a bright and beautiful smile free from stains.
- Gum Disease – Gum disease is a severe dental condition that can lead to severe oral health complications if left untreated. The infection can create pockets in the gums known as abscesses and can cause bone loss in the jaw.
- Oral Surgery – If you are experiencing jaw pain, have unusual lesions in your mouth, have difficulty breathing during sleep, or are interested in cosmetically enhancing your facial features, you could be a candidate for oral surgery.
- Root Canals – Root canal procedures are painless, and with the help of our dentists at Altoona Smiles, we can help preserve your tooth and keep your mouth healthy and clean.
At your regular dental visits, you’ll be consulted on the treatments that can best address your oral health concerns. These visits will start with a full exam and assessment to identify any issues you may have with your oral health. Our dental health changes as we age, and our team will be there to see you through.
Receive Regular Dental Care With The Team At Altoona Smiles
Maintaining a regular schedule of twice-yearly dental visits to Altoona Smiles is an important part of lasting oral health. With every visit, we’ll be developing a greater understanding of your developing oral health. This growth will help us understand the changing state of your oral health. With this information, we’ll be able to identify dental concerns as they develop and suggest treatment plans to help address them. We’re excited to be your dental care provider for years to come.